Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Recurring Timeout Problems with a Shared Windows Azure Website

[Cross-posted from my Android MiniPCs and TVBoxes site.]

My Recurring HTTP 500/502 Errors with a Shared Windows Azure Website post of 4/30/2013 described repeated HTTP errors encountered during the first few days of operation of my Android MiniPCs and TVBoxes site, which runs in Windows Azure’s US-West region. Although these 500/502 errors had subsided as of 4/30/2013, the frequency of timeout errors (> 30 s) reported by Pingdom.com increased later at night on 4/30 and continued on 5/1/2013. Simultaneously, the site’s reported response time increased from an average of 3,534 ms. to 4,750 ms, as shown here:

image

Here’s the Uptime Report for the same period:

image

Following is an example Root Cause Analysis of the typical timeout reports received on 5/1/2013:

image

image

I’ve turned on Web Server Logging, Detailed Error Messages, Failed Request Tracing and Application Logging for Visual Studio 2012 with the Windows Azure SDK for .NET 2.0’s new Tooling updates for Diagnostics:

image

I’ll update this post if I obtain any related information from the diagnostic data.

0 comments: